How we came about
Meet Charissa Pratt, our co owner, manager and daily operator. She dreamed of a natural market in Downtown Albany beginning in 2014 when she was attending Graduate school at Russell Sage for her Master’s in Applied Nutrition. In 2015 she partnered with Chris Pratt and Alessios Depoli to bring her vision to life. Steuben St Market was formed and opened in her last semester of graduate school, in 2016.
Steuben St Market’s mission is to provide Downtown Albany with healthy menu selections, produce and the essentials while supporting local businesses. Downtown Albany is a vibrant city and the need for a market with healthy selections is crucial due to the increasing residential occupancy.
A Market is defined, by GOOGLE; as a place of regular gathering of individuals for the purchase and/or sale of provisions and other commodities. Steuben St Market is not only a deli, grocery market or another retail location, but a place where the community can come together to support small local businesses all over the Capital Region and receive Nutrition education. We hope to see you soon!
What we stand for
- We provide local products in order to support small businesses and farms within New York State.
- We supply pre-packaged products, made to order sandwiches and ready to-go lunches and dinners.
- We strive to provide local organic seasonal produce to encourage eating within the season.
In today’s bustling society, eating healthy is not always easy or convent. Our mission is to provide Downtown Albany residents, workers and the local community with the freshest products while keeping the supply as local as possible.
- We want to serve you! Please make inventory suggestions in order to better cater your needs.
- We are continually working towards a stronger, healthier community
- With your help we can encourage and support local farms and businesses.